On a sunny & chilly day in Seoul - don't miss out on this great opportunity



It rained throughout the day yesterday and the rain turned into snow during the night. 

The day after the rain. 

I hurried to leave home so as not to miss the sun and the sky that I don't know when to see again. It has been hard to see a clear blue sky in Seoul in ages due to unwelcome fine dust - it's worse when the weather is warm.



Blue sky in Seoul
On the way to the mountain. The weather is so beautiful!


As I had expected, the weather was so beautiful and the sky was blue, which sadly became a rare scene in Seoul now.



There is a small mountain - technically a hill - near my home (Gangdong-gu, Seoul). I was headed to the mountain to see the sky more closely. 




Seoul snow
Snow from last night


The floor on the mountain was muddy and my shoes got dirty, but I didn't mind. Instead, I got plenty of fresh air and by far the most picturesque view of my town. Since my town is not a fancy, bustling area like Gangnam, it is always peaceful and it is exclusive to the local people here. 


Although I got lost on the way up to the hill, I got to see the snow softly sitting on the lonely branch. And when I manage to get to the way to the park at the top of the hill, I got a big present.



Ta-ta!

Seoul trip
Standing on the hill overlooking Seoul. There is Lotte Tower (the tallest building in Korea) over there.


Seoul mountain
Seoul on a sunny day


The trees are still brown and getting ready for spring. It will be greener soon.



Seoul mountain
a park on the hill




snowy mountain
mountains (over there!) covered with snow




Seoul mountain
clouds are just above my head



Clouds looked heavy as if they still contain rain or snow in them. The hill was not that high but I could feel that they were flowing just above my head.





There is also a cozy place for tea and gathering there. 

I must come again in a few weeks for tea when the weather gets warmer.

I would be happy to invite you if you are interested!


Seoul mountain park
a place for tea and gathering


When it's chilly in Korea, don't stay insides and just go out to enjoy nature. 

You will never run into the same scene. 🌱

Comments