Hidden cafe with picturesque scenery in Seoul : Don't go to Starbucks



Koreans love coffee and cafes. Once you have landed in Korea, you will see tens of thousands of cafΓ©s - coffee from only 1$ to over 10$ - every here and there. If you are new in Seoul, worldwide coffee chains like Starbucks can be an easy option to grab a coffee (you should order an iced one to look Korean even in winter!) But who wants to eat the same meal on holiday as the one you used to have in your home? 

So here I am to lead you to a new spot! 

When I first found this hidden cafe by chance, I was really eager to show this place to my friend who was also fed up with big coffee chain places in Seoul. Without telling him the details I just took him to Dongdaemoon station, the nearest subway station to the cafe.

Although we had to climb a hill all the way for about 20 minutes to the cafe, it was still, definitely worth visiting.

I was able to say that from the starting point. As soon as I went up the hill a bit, I ran into new scenery that I have never seen in my whole life in Seoul, which was beautiful.


Scenery from the hill on the way to the cafe

I am sure I passed by this area a million times, but why haven't I seen it before? Well, because I was passing by under the ground by subway.

Once you get out from where you used to be, you can see a new world.

These nostalgic houses still exist in the center of Seoul. It is true that this area is not as fancy as other districts like Hongdae or Gangnam where young people prefer going, but I loved it!

On the way to the cafe

The cafe was even better than I expected. The weather was perfect to go up the hill for 20 minutes. Coffee was good, and the scenery was the best.

We were so excited that we found this hidden cafe in Seoul. It was like playing treasure hunt and we got the best one!

Some people may not like this cafe. It's not a new building. Tables and chairs are old. It is cold in winter and probably hot in summer. Some could complain that it is on the hill. But they could not deny that it has one of the most beautiful scenes in Seoul.


The scenery from the cafe just blew our minds, and the sunshine was warm enough to have coffee on the terrace.


Scenery on the terrace of the cafe

Cafes are meant to offer either a good quality of coffee/tea or a space for a change of pace . If I have to choose one, I will definitely choose the latter.

What we can get from being in a nice place always outweighs simple satisfaction from taste. Maybe that is why we go on a trip and try to find a nice place.

Scenery from the hill near the cafe


Where is your favorite cafe in Seoul or in your city? Hope it's not Starbucks.😬


Thank you for dropping by my blog. 

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have a question.

Please subscribe me if want more stories delivered every week. πŸ˜‰



Comments

  1. This article is really great. I agree with you about Starbucks - it may be convenient and the coffee is alright, but it's usually pretty expensive and they all look very similar. I always preferred to visit different independent cafes in Seoul because there are a lot of great ones - I think Korea does cafes better than any country probably! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos, but I do have one question: what is the name and address of the cafe?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Tim. Thanks for your comment and visiting, and sorry for the late reply. I don't know why but I didn't see your comment and I just found yours.
      Yes, there are many good independent cafes in Seoul and some are really nice places for coffee and a chat. Do you stay in Seoul now? I'd like to give you the details of the cafe, but it seems I cannot see your email. Can you just email me so I can reply through the email? :)

      Delete

Post a Comment